Who Should Be Offered Inherigen Pan-Ethnic Carrier Screening?
InheriGen Is For Patients Who
- Are of reproductive age
- Want the most information about their risks and options prior to and/or during pregnancy
- Belong to a high-risk ethnic group
- Are unsure of their ethnicity or biological background (adoption)
- Have a consanguineous partner
Why Choose Inherigen Carrier Screening?
Although there is no cure for many of the disorders included in these panels, knowing about one’s risk of having a child with a hereditary condition can be useful for patients who are pregnant or for couples planning a pregnancy. Family preparation options include:
- Medical treatment for disorders associated with symptoms that can be reduced
- Preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD)
- Prenatal diagnosis via chorionic villus sampling (CVS) or amniocentesis
- Option of egg/sperm donation
- Option of adoption
Our board-certified genetic counselors and board-certified geneticists are available to guide you and your staff through testing options to determine the best course of action for your patients.
Every patient that receives InheriGen screening from GenPath has the option of scheduling an in-depth counseling session with a MyGeneTeam genetic counselor. Learn more about Genetic Counseling through MyGeneTeam.
InheriGen is offered at an affordable price. For less than the price of one traditional genetic test, InheriGen provides a more comprehensive genetic screen.
Partner screening is available and recommended. Carrier screening is recommended for the reproductive partner of anyone determined to be a carrier for an autosomal recessive disorder. GenPath offers targeted variant analysis via InheriGen or full gene sequencing for all disorders on the panel with the exception of Gaucher disease, for which only mutation analysis is available.
To order InheriGen or partner screening, log in or open an account.
*Note: ACOG and ACMG are not associated with, sponsored by, or have endorsed our genetic screening.